Digital Bristol Week 2015
Last week saw an exciting schedule of talks and workshops about digital media take place across Bristol.
"Building on Bristol’s reputation as a centre of excellence for digital media, the BBC Bristol partnership’s programme will help industry professionals understand the opportunities that digital brings."
Our co-founder Derek was on a panel called "Funding Opportunities", to answer questions about reward & donation crowdfunding.
Here are a few facts about reward & donation crowdfunding in the UK:
- of the hundreds of organisations and people we're talked to, the number 1 problem is sustainable funding
- crowdfunding is a buzzword and seen as a silver bullet, but does it actually work?
- the split between all or nothing and keep it all crowdfunding in the UK is pretty even (at about 47:53)
- £1.5million was pledged *per day* in the UK - that's nearly £1,000 every minute!
And here are a few tips to running a successful campaign:
- learn online marketing skills like search engine optimisation (SEO), content marketing, and email marketing
- keep posting about your project on social media
- keep a blog to document your campaign
- and finally, don't be shy about asking for money!
Get our fortnightly newsletter featuring fundraising news, hints and tips, and our favourite projects