Nesta's latest report on crowdfunding and alternative finance
Nesta (the UK innovation charity) just released their latest report on crowdfunding and alternative finance.
- In 2015, the alternative finance market grew to £3.2 billion.
- The market is taking an increasing share of small business lending and start-up investment. Alternative finance business lending is 12% of the market for lending to small businesses in the UK. Equity crowdfunding is 15.6% of total UK seed and venture-stage equity investment.
- The fastest growing models in 2015 were donation-based (grew by 500% since 2014 to £12 million) and equity-based crowdfunding (grew by 295% since 2014 to £332 million).
- The market saw increased involvement from institutional investors: 45% of all platforms reported some level of institutional involvement.
- Real estate is the single most popular sector: the combined debt and equity-based funding for real estate amounted to almost £700 million in 2015.
You can read the full report here - it's really interesting!
Pushing boundaries: the 2015 UK alternative finance industry report
Get our fortnightly newsletter featuring fundraising news, hints and tips, and our favourite projects